[tdwg-content] synonyms in DwC Archives

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 19 12:39:22 CET 2014

Historical Darwin Core interjection. The term taxonID was not changed
because it is the ID referring to the class of information, which
remained "Taxon". For both consistency (a rule that every class should
have an associated identifier term with the lower camel case name of
the class followed by 'ID') and for the sake of inertia (not creating
undue burden for backward compatibility), the term name taxonID was
retained.