[tdwg-content] Proposed new Darwin Core environmental terms from ENVO

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Wed Sep 25 23:52:23 CEST 2013

Steve,

I don't know which URLs you're specifically referring to and what you're doing to resolve them, but the ENVO term URIs work perfectly fine for me.

For example, the following curl command returns an OWL document with the term's class definition:

curl -L -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002036

If you paste http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002036 into your browser's address bar, it gets resolved to an HTML page showing the class, its properties, and its axioms within the ENVO ontology in a form meant for human consumption.

As per the OBO ID convention [1], the ontology in OWL format is available from the following URL: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/envo.owl

	-hilmar

[1] http://www.obofoundry.org/id-policy.shtml