[tdwg-content] New Darwin Core terms proposed relating to material samples

Jason Holmberg holmbergius at gmail.com
Fri May 31 07:45:05 CEST 2013

>will never be all things to all people; but at least it is enough things
to enough people that it represents an important “flag pole”
>around which our community has (more or less) successfully rallied.

Too true! DWC allows me (as a programmer and info. architect) to move
beyond laborious and endless discussions of data definitions for a new
project and rather point over at DWC and say "Let's use this standard as a
starting point. It has a rich history behind iy, so let's build on it's
wisdom and move the project ahead faster."

Jason Holmberg
ECOCEAN Whale Shark Photo-identification Library
http://www.whaleshark.org

Please consider adopting a shark to support our mission:
http://www.whaleshark.org/adoptashark.jsp