[tdwg-content] Consensus on what constitutes an Occurrence? (was Re: New Darwin Core terms proposed relating to material samples)

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jun 24 20:10:23 CEST 2013

Oh, I get confused about which messages are coming from tdwg-content and
which are coming from the RDF task group list.  Since this message went
out on the tdwg-content list, I should clarify that the document Joel
cited below is a draft of the Darwin Core RDF Guide that is under review
by the RDF Task Group until the end of June.  If it can be edited into a
form that the Task Group can recommend, it will advance to an official
public review in accordance with the Darwin Core namespace policy.  At
that point, the modified draft will be announced to the tdwg-content
list (this list) for an official comment period.  It's not a problem if
people want to look at the document as it stands now, but they should
realize that it is a draft under review and not (yet) a submission for
public comment.

Steve

joel sachs wrote:

> In fact, I've been meaning to ask you something ... The DwC RDF guide
> (correctly, IMO) specifies that occurrences should be rdf:typed using
> the dwctype:Occurrence class [1]. But Darwin-SW uses the
> dwc:Occurrence class as the rdf:type of occurrence records. I also
>

> 1.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OLyVFuveGX1a0Yt6Niok9FfGxkrghii-xlGYhwO8UqE/edit
>
> Section 2.3.1.5

PMB 351634

If you fax, please phone or email so that I will know to look for it.
http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu