[tdwg-content] Data capture software and Darwin Core

Justin Steventon justin at steventon.com
Sun Jul 21 22:32:29 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

Just starting to get into Darwin Core. Thanks for any help and suggestions
you can provide.

I'm the builder of a data capture application (using PDAs and smart phones)
called CyberTracker (http://www.cybertracker.org). We want to create a
feature to export to Simple Darwin Core as XML.

We have two kinds of data: timer tracks and sightings. Timer tracks are
automatically snapped at regular intervals and only contain a timestamp and
location. Sightings are manually captured data and vary quite a bit. For
example, they could represent the weather or a direct sighting of an animal.

It seems clear that a sighting maps directly to an "Event".

If we have a long list of timer track points, should these show up as many
"Location" records?

Regards,

-Justin