[tdwg-content] Change of DwC terms stateProvince, county, and municipality?

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:11:53 CEST 2012

As a recovering algebraist, If I had to do solve this problem all
over, I would probably make the model support not just a dynamically
long ordered list of geopolitical objects, but  a \tree/ or perhaps,
better, a poset of such, with the no predetermined names for the types
of the  nodes.  I think that this might meet the needs that both
Markus and you put on the table.

Bob

Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390

IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Harvard University Herbaria
Harvard University

email: morris.bob at gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
===
The content of this communication is made entirely on my
own behalf and in no way should be deemed to express
official positions of The University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Harvard University.