[tdwg-content] Occurrences, Organisms, and CollectionObjects: a review

Éamonn Ó Tuama (GBIF) eotuama at gbif.org
Tue Sep 13 15:19:32 CEST 2011

It would be good to hear from someone who is familiar with the work going on in the Observations Task Group and could explain how a generic model for observations/measurements (e.g. OBOE) might help sort out these issues. It seems to me that we are trying to build in an ad-hoc manner an increasingly complex model on top of DwC which is really just a glossary of terms. That does not seem like a good approach - but I'm no modeller :-)
_Éamonn