[tdwg-content] Frank Bisby

Bailly, Nicolas (WorldFish) N.BAILLY at CGIAR.ORG
Thu Oct 27 04:46:52 CEST 2011

Dear All,

What a shock!
Indeed he will be missed.

The Catalogue of LIfe Global Team Meeting will be held early December here in the Philippines.
Beyond sadness, we will make all our efforts to pursue what he started and will dedicate the one day-symposium to his memory.

RIP.
Nicolas

Nicolas Bailly
WorldFish Center
Philippines

________________________________

From: tdwg-content-bounces at lists.tdwg.org on behalf of Chuck Miller
Sent: Thu 10/27/2011 10:23 AM
To: tdwg-content at lists.tdwg.org; xcom at tdwg.org
Subject: [tdwg-content] Frank Bisby

Folks,
Frank Bisby has passed away unexpectedly. This is quite a loss to our community and the world. Frank was a pioneer in the field now called biodiversity informatics, the first Chairman of TDWG, a colleague and friend. I was glad to be able to spend a lot of time with him in the last few weeks. He was a great man and will be deeply missed. As soon as I get more information about final arrangements I will pass it on.

Chuck