[tdwg-content] RDF/OWL best practices at TDWG 2011 (and beyond)

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Fri Oct 14 13:59:43 CEST 2011

Everyone,

Steve Baskauf and I are convening an RDF/OWL Task Group under the TAG. The
main goals of the group will be to

i. develop use-cases and competency questions that include tests of
biodiversity data discovery, exchange, and semantic reasoning;

ii. experiment with a variety of approaches to addressing the use cases;

and iii. provide well documented examples of RDF/OWL and SPARQL
demonstrated to satisfy the use cases.

All are welcome to join the group, and to attend our kickoff meeting on
Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2 - 5:30 PM, in New Orleans. Remote access will be
available. If you plan on attending, please signup here:
http://code.google.com/p/tdwg-rdf/wiki/KickoffSignup

(Note: if you participated in the recent discussion about the group on the
tdwg-tag list, I added you as a committer to the wiki
(http://code.google.com/p/tdwg-rdf/people/list), and you should have edit
privileges. All others, please email me first (with your Google ID), so
that I can add you.)

Looking forward to seeing you all next week -
Thanks,
Joel.