[tdwg-content] Question about "vocabulary" in Darwin Core Archives assistant

David Remsen (GBIF) dremsen at gbif.org
Mon May 2 09:51:52 CEST 2011

Hi Steve,

There is a way to do what you ask but not exactly the way you specified.

The way to do is via a template that refers to a particular column.
So if you put the ubio integer ID into dwc:scientificName you could could put the following into, for example, dc:source

http://www.ubio.org/authority/metadata.php?lsid=urn:lsid:ubio.org:namebank:<scientificName>

as the default and set the column to a global.

You can see more in this document on the XML Descriptor file.

http://links.gbif.org/gbif_dwc-a_metafile_en_v1/

The vocabularies option was, as far as I know, intended to provide a URI for a vocabulary so that we might be able to validate values against the vocabulary items.

Best,
David

David Remsen, Senior Programme Officer
Electronic Catalog of Names of Known Organisms
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321472   Fax: +45-35321480
Mobile +45 28751472
Skype: dremsen