[tdwg-content] Original TDWGBioblitz needs geo:lat geo:long fixed to match geo vocabulary

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:11:41 CEST 2011

I noticed this when someone wrote me about querying the original
tdwgbioblitz RDF.

In the file available here:
http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~jsachs/occurrences/TechnoBioblitzOccurrences.rdf

the geo:lat and geo:long are geo:latitude and geo:longitude.

I separated the original version from my modified version.

They are in two separate graphs on in my SPARQL endpoint.

Original <urn:org:linkedopenspeciesdata:dataspace:tdwg2010bioblitz>

The modified version is in the
graph <urn:org:linkedopenspeciesdata:dataspace:taxonconcept>

I can reload a fixed version of the original RDF when it is ready.

The new version can be seen here: http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/index.html

The highlighted species names takes you to the species concepts, while the
"HTML" and "RDF" take you to the HTML and RDF for the occurrences
themselves.

For instance here is one observation
http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/e08c6f06-ee59-4f2b-8f46-a3f66a65431e.html

Here is the RDF for that observation
http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/e08c6f06-ee59-4f2b-8f46-a3f66a65431e.rdf

There are still some issues with the identifications, and I think that there
are multiple rows "observations" for an individual observation.

It seems as if one "observation" was made for the gps and another for the
photograph but it is hard to tell.

- Pete
Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology