[tdwg-content] ITIS TSNID to uBio NamebankIDs mapping

Dmitry Mozzherin dmozzherin at eol.org
Mon Jun 6 03:26:24 CEST 2011

I just added urls with name strings as an alternative 'ids' in GNI. So
it is possible to have something like

http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/Quercus_alba

and even

http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/Quercus alba L. 'Elongata'

Also links like

http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/10507390

will be converted when accessed by a human via browser to

http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/Quercus_alba_L._'Elongata'

There are still some problems, for example names ending with period do
not work yet.

Dima