[tdwg-content] Of Evidence and Individuals (Was Plea for competency questions)

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:13:50 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Richard Pyle <deepreef at bishopmuseum.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
[...]
> When I used that term, I intended for it to mean that the entity is
> believed to be homogeneous to the lowest possible level in the way
> that one knows that two branches from the same tree or two parts of
> the same clonal organism are guaranteed to have the same taxonomic
> identify at every level.

> So, from my perspective, we can put that part of the debate to rest.

As long as you don't invite Craig Ventner to the debate.  :-)

--Bob

Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390
IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Department of Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
Harvard University

email: morris.bob at gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush