[tdwg-content] New terms need resolution: "Individual"

Nico Cellinese ncellinese at flmnh.ufl.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:00:54 CEST 2011

Let's drop taxon! populations are definitively NOT always taxa. They
may be in some specific circumstances but dont deserve the general
term  I support Rich's argument albeit not in full because taxa are
actually not opinions based but hypotheses inferred by phylogenies,
unless a tested hypothesis qualifies for an opinion. In any case,
whatever we may mean with taxa, populations are clearly not covered in
most cases.

Nico

Sent from my iPhone