[tdwg-content] New terms need resolution: "Individual" [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Jul 12 17:26:57 CEST 2011

Very briefly:  I support taxonomic homogeneity as well.  It's just that I
don't think there should be a restriction on the taxonomic rank of the
implied taxon.  In my mind, a group of sponges attached to a single rock can
be taxonomically homogeneous as "Porifera",  and be represented as an
instanbce of this class.  As soon as someone wants to put a more specific
taxonomic identity on the different sponges (taxonomic heterogeneity), then
there should be N-number of instances corresponding to N-number of taxa
represented.

In haste,
Rich

http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu