[tdwg-content] Fwd: Tim Berners-Lee .. Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:12:53 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl at w3.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a
potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?
To: Peter DeVries <pete.devries at gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod at w3.org

Certainly. the tabulator follows rdfs:seeAlso and expects some terse RDF.
and so would be crippled by any large file, and PDF would not of course help
it at all.
I take seeAlso as a fairly strong request to see the other thing, like an
HTTP redirect.
Not a generic "this is vaguely related" link at all, and not in general to
point to human-readable stuff.

Tim