[tdwg-content] RDF sandboxes

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Wed Dec 7 14:11:46 CET 2011

I'd like to bring to everyone's attention the RDF sandboxes that have been
set up and made available for our use - see
http://code.google.com/p/tdwg-rdf/

These are a great resource - they allow projects to start exploring RDF
without the hassle of setting up infrastructure (triplestores, sparql
endpoints, etc.), and they allow all of us to load data into a common
space for querying (as Cam did with Rod's frog data [1]).

(I've found the 4store instance to be particularly satisfying - for
example, the bioblitz invasives testcases [2] load and execute
painlessly.)

(And if anyone has the time and inclination ... it would be great to have
a sandbox with rule processing capabilities.)

Cheers,
Joel.

1. http://code.google.com/p/tdwg-rdf/wiki/RodPageChallenge
2. http://bit.ly/vN3DvX