[tdwg-content] representation of pollen specimens in DwC; current practice?

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:01:20 CEST 2011

I'd like to hear the practices of anyone who is actually using (or
mapping) DwC to represent pollen specimens that reside in a collection
different from the collection from that of the source. Especially:

1. Do you represent the pollen gathering as a different collection
event from that of the source specimen.
2. What do you use to link the pollen specimen to the source specimen
3. If you use any DwC values of the source, do you make any attempt to
synchronize changes to the source record with those of the pollen
record. How?

I really, really, would like to first hear answers from people
currently doing this before people not doing it weigh in on what they
think should be done.

If you have service addresses at which I can fetch some pollen and
source DwC records, that would help.

Thanks
Bob Morris

--
Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390
IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Department of Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
Harvard University

email: morris.bob at gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush