[tdwg-lit] TDWG mailing list consolidation

Weitzman, Anna WEITZMAN at si.edu
Wed Sep 8 16:53:40 CEST 2010

As a reminder, especially to anyone who has recently joined the tdwg-lit list, most of the literature standards discussion has moved to a Google group.  Below is part of the email sent in 2009 to invite members.

Thanks
Anna L Weitzman, PhD
Chair, TDWG Literature Interest Group
Smithsonian Institution

All,

This list has seen several different streams of discussions lately concerning services, UIs, data structures and other issues surrounding digital taxonomic literature, to the point where a core group of us who are frequent posters on the topic had about 4 different lines of discussions going at once.  Too confusing.  So, I've set up a Google Group called [TaxonLit] so that we can have a single list specific to the topic.  It's available at: http://groups.google.com/group/taxonlit

The discussions & pages can be read by the public, but participation in the listserv & the ability to edit & upload content is reserved for group members.  To request membership, please visit the "Apply for group membership" link along the ride side of the page.  To ensure the list stays on subject and isn't spammed, we request that you provide a little background information when signing up.