[tdwg-content] Request for vote on proposals to add Individual as a Darwin Core class and to add the term individualRemarks as a term within that class

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Sun Oct 31 21:21:45 CET 2010

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I have struggled to keep up with this thread, but it sounds to me like the benefit of the Individual class/properties is to be able to link together various web resources that refer to data obtained from the same individual in some manner, so we probably need terms that allow the description of how these individuals, or parts of individuals relate to each other.  The Scope idea will help, but maybe there is a need for terms like "partOfIndividual", "derivedFromIndividual"?

Then, I suppose we are heading into interaction territory, so we then need to model how interactions between individuals can be defined - eg "foundOnHostIndividual" ...

This is starting to sound quite appealing, as I think the "Individual" resources could be seen as the atoms to defining occurrences, in the same way that NameUsages are the atoms for defining Taxon Names and Concepts.

Kevin