[tdwg-content] practical details of recording a determination What is an Occurrence?

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:59:58 CEST 2010

I am convenor of a group charged with recommending positions about
Knowledge Organization Systems (KOS) to GBIF. Among the things that
will be in our report will be a survey important vocabularies and
ontologies for biodiversity Knowledge Organization. Not only will OBOE
be among those discussed, but one of its architects, Mark Schildauer,
is a member of the work group. Similarly re: the OBO ontologies. When
our report is drafted, it will be opened for public comment both as to
what we recommend and what we may have missed.  Meanwhile, there is a
survey at http://surveymonkey.com/GBIFKOSurvey to which all are
invited to participate if you haven't already.  If you have favorite
KOS resources, there is good opportunity to list them there.

Also, the TDWG 2010 Thursday sessions on Observations will, I believe,
soon have their notes on the TDWG website (if not there already).

Bob Morris

Robert A. Morris
Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston