[tdwg-content] "resolution" of URIs usually used improperly

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 22 04:45:09 CEST 2010

For those wishing to delve more into such subtleties, I can recommend
this philosophical digression on  the difference between 'sense' and
'reference' and the 'meaning' (pun intended of course) of it all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_and_reference

In fact, I just heard this podcast that explains it all (sort of):
http://philosophybites.com/2010/10/michael-dummett-on-frege.htm

Next up: A discussion of what is a "species"!
(just kidding -- but I did find it amusing that experts in taxonomy
wouldn't start by recognizing that there are multiple species
concepts... and then start arguing about how to classify them instead
of arguing which one is the right one ;-)

Bertram