[tdwg-content] practical details of recording a determination What is an Occurrence?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Oct 19 09:40:25 CEST 2010

> The dwc:identificationReferences might include taxonomic treatments,
> but they might also include something such as an expert range map
> or a field guide, which one would never find as the objects of
> a dwc:nameAccordingTo.

Thanks, John.  This answers my earlier question about why one might include
more than one item in identificationReferences.  That is, not necessarily
because multiple TNUs (representing possible incongruent taxon concepts) are
referred to, but rather non-TNU-based references may also play a role in the
identification.

Aloha,
Rich