[tdwg-content] What I learned at the TechnoBioBlitz

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Wed Oct 13 21:17:19 CEST 2010

> Maybe we should start with term-value pairs, but I think it would also be
> useful to render each in XML and RDF as well.
technology specific examples are surely needed at some point.
Once we have a set of key value pair examples we could translate them into xml, rdf and csv so we have the same data in various formats.

The trouble with RDF though is that we dont yet have any guidelines.
Once Steve et al have settled on something we can then take the rdf examples forward.

>> what about a nomenclatural example, maybe separate ones for each code?
>
> Yes, I'll get on it tomorrow (today is a full schecule).
>
> I notice the existing examples don't use GUIDs.  Is that intentional, or
> should I use actual examples with resolbavle GUIDs?

Do whatever you have as real data examples. If you happen to have guids in gnub or alike thats brilliant.
There is a recommendation to use guids for ids, but its no requirement. Most datasources dont have guids and there is no need to forces them. The example I used for mammal species of the world is real data - and they dont have guids.