[tdwg-content] What I learned at the TechnoBioBlitz

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Wed Oct 13 01:26:17 CEST 2010

Just trying to confirm whether my understanding from this thread so far is correct. Is there agreement that dwc:establishmentMeans is a) not meaningful for a point or region in space, or a point in time, or a taxon concept, but only for a taxon concept at a spatial location at a point in time, and b) is a judgment made by someone on the basis of certain evidence.

If yes, doesn't that mean that the property needs to be applied to a tuple of (taxon concept, location, time), and needs to be linked to a source and at least the kind of evidence (such as a vocabulary term) on which the judgement was made? I.e., how much worth is a dwc:establishmentMeans value that fails either of those requirements?

Apologies if that's all there already.

-hilmar

Sent with a tap.