[tdwg-content] What RDF is (Was Re: Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers)

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Oct 7 19:11:12 CEST 2010

yes, we do need guidelines on how to use dwc with rdf.
As Steve and others have experienced it is not obvious and there are multitude ways of doing so.

For xml we have created guidelines and some xml schemas to be very precise on how to use dwc with xml:
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/guides/xml/index.htm

For text files ala csv we have created guidelines and added a new meta.xml file format with a matching xml schema to add semantics to the plain text files:
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/guides/text/index.htm

So I think we should do the same for rdf. At least we should create an rdf guideline documenting conventions, but potentially there could even be an rdf schema or some owl files associated with it.
The big question though is what are these conventions...

Markus