[tdwg-content] Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:02:26 CEST 2010

Hi Steve,

You are probably right that it might be best to use rdfs:Label, but I am
thinking we might be able to get the same
result my defining the string variants as subproperties of rdfs:Label.

This would make them an rdfs:Label but a special kind of rdfs:Label.

This is one of those things that I would test with Sindice and URIburner to
see if they interpret these correctly.

This would require a live vocabulary that Sindice could look at to determine
that hasScientificName is to be
treated as a  rdfs:Label.

- Pete

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Steve Baskauf <steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu