[tdwg-content] Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers

Markus Döring m.doering at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 14:55:59 CEST 2010

Like all urns LSIDs do include the "Namespace Identifier" that identifies them as LSIDs:
URN:LSID:<Authority>:<Namespace>:<ObjectID>[:<Version>]

The problem is that most or even all rdf frameworks have no clue how to resolve anything else than http, hence the need for proxies. Given that, is there still the need for having LSID or even URN specific terms? Isnt it good enough to use some  sameAs assertion on the resolved object if noone can deal with a urn as a link anyway?

Markus