[tdwg-content] Name is species concept thinking

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:09:06 CEST 2010

Hi Richard

You are agreeing with me.

My point is that the DarwinCore should include an identifier that resolves
to a site that provides some information about how that concept is defined.

1) First by mapping the concept to the various names and related identifiers
2) By providing additional information that helps one determine if a
specimen is a close match to that species concept.

The field nameAccordingTo does not provide this kind of information.

- Pete