[tdwg-content] proposed term: dwc:verbatimScientificName

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:56:07 CET 2010

Rich, it is not a question of __formatting__; concatenation is just
not possible, you have to parse into EVERY name, take it apart,
determine whether it is an autonym, and if so __insert__ the author at
the correct position for botanical names.

I understand this is tough on Zoologists :-), but I therefore propose

verbatimScientificName
scientificName
scientificNameAuthorship,
scientificNameWithAuthorship

This covers all cases in my opinion. The comments should express, that
scientificNameWithAuthorship should follow allow canonical name rules
and recommendations of the respective Code.

Gregor