[tdwg-content] [Fwd: Re: NCD and DwC]

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Tue Sep 15 19:58:43 CEST 2009

Renato et al.,

Just a quick point about the status of and revising NCD.  I think it is ratified, but revising it does not mean that it has to go through the whole process.  Our process leaves open the possibility that changes can be made to improve a standard or correct errors without going through the entire review process, IF the changes are deemed to be conceptually minor and/or broadly supported.  The executive committee, in consultation with the TAG, has the authority to approve a new version.  It must be a new version, however (at least under the previous concept of the process).

-Stan