[tdwg-content] Conflict between DarwinCore and DublinCore usage of dcterms:type / basisOfRecord

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Fri Oct 23 19:26:35 CEST 2009

I agree this should be changed as soon as possible.
Do I understand your proposal John correctly to have:

dcterms:type
uncontrolled by darwin core and expected to be StillImage,
HumanObservation, etc. The regular DC vocabulary or the classic dwc
basis of record?

and still keep dwc:basisOfRecord with dwc:Occurrence, dwc:Taxon, etc?

If so, basisOfRecord does not seem intuitive for those kind of
"classes" to me and I would prefer to either drop it altogether or
define a new term instead - fully aware that this is opening up a can
of worms again.
Personally I think I would prefer to simply drop basisOfRecord. What
are the downsides of this?

Markus