[tdwg-content] Conflict between DarwinCore and DublinCore usageof dcterms:type / basisOfRecord

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:24:42 CET 2009

John, yes, I was confused about the intended solution. I did not
understand the text introduced with "The following may be confusing" -
it is confusing to me, I don't understand which conclusion you draw
from this. But you warned us, so I ignored this, and it probably does
not matter here.

With respect to the Oct. 24th mail I see that I was reading too fast,
and I based my understanding on the wrong of the two solutions for one
of the examples (reading too fast, my fault!). This one is clear:

John writes:
> For UC-Steve2 the Alaska museum of the North should have an Occurrence
> record for that specimen with:
> dcterms:type = "PhysicalObject"
> dwc:basisOfRecord = "PreservedSpecimen"
> dwc:recordClass = "Occurrence"

I cannot find the relation of HumanObservation / Machine Observation
to dcterms:type spelled out. Do you propose
> dcterms:type = "Event"
> dwc:basisOfRecord = "HumanObservation"
> dwc:recordClass = "Occurrence"

for unvouchered (no image) observations, and potentially

> dcterms:type = "Dataset"
> dwc:basisOfRecord = "MachineObservation"
> dwc:recordClass = "Occurrence"

Sorry for email noise by not reading carefully enough!

Gregor