[tdwg-content] assertions in DwC terms

John R. WIECZOREK tuco at berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 6 03:20:20 CEST 2009

No, this one isn't appropriate for the issue tracker because it is in
the discussion stage, in that there is no definitive solution to
propose yet. There are a couple of quick answers to why have the
domains for the property terms. The first s organization of the
standard. The domains help organize the properties in ways that help
people to understand their meaning and purpose. Some of them have no
domain because they could apply to multiple domains, but they are few
in number. The second reason for the domain assignments is that we
lack a formal ontology, and this is an attempt to have one to govern
at least the terms within this standard.

What is the potentially problematic future case of asserting that a
specimen is an dwcterms:Occurrence? It is one.