[tdwg-tnc] LSIDs and taxon concepts

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 5 14:11:07 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and hope that the following are appropriate questions.
In Bratislava, I wasn't keeping detailed enough notes on projects and their
current and future plans wrt TCS.

What sites are currently publishing TCS-formatted data or will be within
the year? I know that zoobank.org will be publishing TCS data in the near
future. Is GBIF? ITIS? Species2000?

What sites are publishing real "taxon concept" data (in TCS format or not)?
Conversely, what sites are simply publishing "nominal taxon concepts" as
opposed to detailed authoritative taxon concepts?

Is this the kind of thing for which we should generate a survey to send to
sites (i.e. their plans for publishing TCS) or distrubute to TDWG members?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Allen, Assistant Director
Information Science             pea1 at cornell.edu
Cornell Lab of Ornithology     (800) 843-BIRD
159 Sapsucker Woods Road       (607) 254-2480 (direct)
Ithaca, NY 14850               (607) 254-2415 (fax)

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/
http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/
http://www.ebird.org/
http://bird.atlasing.org/