[tdwg-spm] SPM session at TDWG Conference

Eamonn O Tuama eotuama at gbif.org
Tue Jul 3 11:37:19 CEST 2007

Hello there,

As you probably know, TDWG are devoting a special session to the Species
Profile Model at the upcoming Bratislava conference. It is scheduled for
08.30 to 10.00 on Wed 19 Sept and we hope to fill the slot with up to six
short (10-15 min) presentations. Marcus has already agreed to talk about the
modelling aspects of SPM on which he has been working (see the wiki  for
more info: http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/SPM/InstanceExamples).

You are invited to make suggestions for contributions to this session. Any
aspect can be considered - vocabularies, use cases, relationship to other
species profile schemas, etc. Or do you know of a potential contribution
from another TDWG member outside this immediate subtask group? I intend to
mail a request for contributions to the wider TDWG community later in the
week but, in the meantime, would welcome your input.

Best regards,

Éamonn
Éamonn Ó Tuama, Ph.D. (eotuama at gbif.org),
Senior Programme Officer for Data Access & Database Interoperability (DADI),
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat,
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, DENMARK
Phone:  +45 3532 1494; Fax:  +45 3532 1480