[Biogeosdi] Good dataset for a demonstration project

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 28 03:33:30 CEST 2007

Hi Javi

Pete is the man in this dept. I dont think you will likely find year
by year data, but the Hadley climate datasets Pete and I prepared
while working on bdworld may be what you are after - they are based
on 10 year intervals between 2000 and 2050. Pete can you make that
available?

Regards

Tim

Em 24/07/2007, às 12:05, Javier de la Torre escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> You know I like very much Geoserver and I have been using it now
> for a while. Yesterday I got contacted by Chris Holmes, the chair
> of the geoserver project steering committee, asking for some good
> biodiversity datasets. Their idea is to demonstrate the
> capabilities of geoserver publishing time datasets in KML format. I
> thought that a really cool demonstration would be to have a dataset
> of a niche model of a species distribution over the next 50 years,
> year by year, in a global warming scenario. Something cool that
> could demonstrate how global warming could potentially affect
> biodiversity.
>
> Therefore I thought in this group there could be someone with a
> dataset like this and therefore here I am contacting you :)
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help and hope to talk to you soon.
>
> Cheers.

Tim Sutton

openModeller Desktop Developer
niche modelling tool