[Biogeosdi] openModeller Desktop version 1.0.3 Released!

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 3 05:16:55 CET 2007

Hi All (with apologies for cross posting)

I am very pleased to announce the release of openModeller Desktop
version 1.0.3.

openModeller is a fundamental ecological niche modelling library,
providing a uniform method for modelling distribution patterns using a
variety of modelling algorithms. The openModeller Desktop application
is a user friendly front-end to the openModeller library.

openModeller library and the openModeller Desktop application are
free, open source software published under the GPL license. This
version of openModeller Desktop is a complete rewrite of the original
Wizard based GUI we previously made available. This version is being
designed to support large experiments where multiple species can be
modelled using multiple algorithms. Future versions will also support
projecting models into multiple environmental scenarios.

openModeller Desktop makes use of an embedded GIS model browser (based
on Quantum GIS, a free and open source GIS - see http://qgis.org) in
order to facilitate panning and zooming around the model outputs.

This release is available as a windows binary set up file and in
source form. In future versions we will make Mac OSX and GNU / Linux
versions of the software available in binary form too.

The software can be downloaded directly from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101808&package_id=142057&release_id=475226

You can find more information including links to our mailing list and
news about updates as and when they become available by visiting our
website at: http://openmodeller.sf.net.

Best regards,

--
Tim Sutton