[Tdwg-obs] observation definition / moving forward

tdwg at achapman.org tdwg at achapman.org
Tue Jan 31 04:37:35 CET 2006

Lynn

Pity we didn't have this discussion before I wrote that.

We used the term "Species Occurrence Data" after lots of discussion and arguments over what we are really talking about. People argued against "biodiversity data", "Primary Species Data" "Species Collection Data" and many more.  Some still do not like the term "Species Occurrence Data", but personally I think it does cover most of the what we are talking about.

I look forward to this discussion and hope that my definition is not too far off the mark.  Of course "Occurrence" may have a different definition when separated from "species".

Cheers

Arthur

Arthur D. Chapman
Australian Biodiversity Information Services
Toowoomba, Australia

=== message truncated ===