[Tdwg-obs] Survey and Monitoring

Lynn Kutner Lynn_Kutner at natureserve.org
Fri Nov 11 21:52:15 CET 2005

Hi all - Hopefully a quick question / clarification.

I was wondering if the definition below  " ... the element in which
observational data can be (and is) incorporated in existing Natural
History collections data ... " also includes ecological / natural
communities in addition to organisms? There is quite a wealth of
information being collected at this broader more "habitat" level.  If
these type of data are implicitly covered, is there a need for clarity
to explicitly state that observations include ecological communities in
addition to organisms?

Thanks -
Lynn

Lynn Kutner