Globally Unique Identifier

Dave Vieglais vieglais at KU.EDU
Fri Sep 24 21:06:18 CEST 2004

Greg Whitbread wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 18:17, Dave Vieglais wrote:
>
>>document.  Or perhaps a system might be developed that provided an LSID
>>for a DiGIR query document- so the dataset could be completely recreated
>

> exactly?

Nope.  Well, assuming the contributing datasets haven't been modified,
the content will be the same set of records.  If collections supported
versioning, then perhaps one day it might be possible to always return
exactly the same data...

All the system I mentioned does (will do) is assoicate an LSID with a
query document (and the target datasets).  Resolving the LSID actually
returns the query document, which can then be resolved by the DiGIR network.