Name for the standard

Kevin Thiele kevin.thiele at BIGPOND.COM
Tue Sep 9 22:10:42 CEST 2003

I agree, description is an essential part. But, of course, it doesn't need
to be an english-sounding acronym - something Latinate would be nice...k

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillaume Rousse" <rousse at CCR.JUSSIEU.FR>
To: <TDWG-SDD at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: Name for the standard

Ainsi parlait Kevin Thiele :
> Dear Nick - I'd thought of TaxML and had rejected it as too boring - so
was
> enormously amused to find that tax inspectors think it's just the ticket
> :-)
Better avoid taxonomic word alone, as this standard address descriptive data
only. Something such as TDML, or TaxDescML, for Taxonomic Description Markup
Language, would be better IMHO.
--
If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will get more than
your fair share of objectives to take