InternalNotes/ReportedNotes [Request for voting]

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Nov 18 17:03:59 CET 2003

In the current version of the SDD schema we have:

InternalNotes: A single element for all languages, intended for
internal documentation, annotations, memos during the development
process of either the terminology or descriptions. This is sort of
like a scrap page for authors or editors.

ReportedNotes: Free form notes/comments/annotations that address the
consumer of descriptive data. Multiple representations for each
audience/language addressed are available.

The pair InternalNotes/ReportedNotes is intended to express the fact
that Internal Notes are not usually published, whereas reported notes
are an essential part of the descriptive data.

----

I am currently thinking about whether different element names may be
more acceptable or intuitive.

* Using Annotation instead of InternalNotes
* Using FreeFormText instead of ReportedNotes.

We could use Notes instead of ReportedNotes, but I find the pair
Annotation/Notes easily confusible.

Please do "vote" on this issue on the email list!

Gregor
Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!