Meeting in Brazil

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Thu Oct 10 18:23:34 CEST 2002

Dear colleagues,

I look forward seeing many of you in Brazil. I am very happy that
more people can attend now than we initially expected.

We will meet at the reception of the Vitoria hotel on Monday 14, at
9:30. The meeting room will be in the hotel. If you arrive later, the
hotel staff should be able to point you to the room. You can drop
into the meeting at any time you desire [you just won't get out again
:-)].

The agenda is open for your contributions! If you have specific
points you can mail me until Friday afternoon GMT.

My own priorities which I believe we absolutely need to finish would
be to clarify the use of data types, esp. categorical, numerical, and
textual information, esp. in comparison with DELTA vs. xml, and to
clarify and finalize the definitions of special character states
(unknown, unchecked, not applicable, variable, etc.). I believe after
this the definition from Australia will already start to become
usable.

Best wishes

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!