Meeting in Brazil

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Fri Aug 9 20:43:13 CEST 2002

Dear SDD participants,

The group has been dormant for a while. The minutes of the meeting in
Canberra and Sydney were prepared already a while ago, but had asked
several participants to check them, since we made substantial
progress there. This took some time, and then I did not manage to get
back to SDD from my own work on the GLOPP project.

Anyway, the SDD pages:
  http://160.45.63.11/Projects/TDWG-SDD/index.html

are updated, and
- contain the minutes (rather long "minutes")
- the xml example document and
- xml-schema elaborated in March, and
- Information on the upcoming TDWG meeting in Brazil.

I realize that participation may be difficult for some interested,
but I do hope many can come. We have decided to split the time into 2
days for more theoretical basical discussions (14/15) and two days
for practical work on the schema (16/17) with input from those
involved in development.

Please send me any corrections regarding the minutes and I will
update them!

I hope to see you in October

best wishes

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!