XML: is there an "xml-include"

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Nov 20 11:17:27 CET 2001

If character are defined with an id (numeric or character) in one
file, and the item descriptions use these ids through idref or
through xml-schema keyref means:

How can a validating parser validate the schema, including keyrefs,
without having to include the entire character definition in each of
1000s of taxon description xml files? Can the ids for idref/keyref be
declared to be in a separate file?

I could not find a standard xml-include command. I know there is one
defined for dtds, but that is all I could find.

Can the xml experts help?

Gregor

PS I will post minutes of the TDWG meeting within the next days
Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!