XML: is there an "xml-include"

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Nov 20 16:45:29 CET 2001

> Yes. See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#SchemaInMultDocs

I think this is not possible. If I understand correctly, you are
referring to schema, not idref in one xml document referring to id
defined in another document. The schema would define the fact that
two attribute (say cid and cidref) have to be interpreted as key and
keyref, but not the actual values.

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!