Taxonomic hierarchy in SDD

Robert A. (Bob) Morris ram at CS.UMB.EDU
Mon Nov 26 22:03:31 CET 2001

Surely there will be other hierarchies than classical taxonomy through
which providers wish to offer inheritance. Phylogenetic hierarchies
come to mind, for example. If the problem is
inheritance, then the standard should provide for that, not for a
special case. Success would be measured by the ability of the
inheritance mechanisms to provide for the special cases.

Bob Morris