Draft Spec mark 2

Kevin Thiele kevin.thiele at PI.CSIRO.AU
Fri Sep 1 08:48:55 CEST 2000

Gentle list'eners

Attached find another attempt at formulating a draft specification for discussion. I've reworked this from scratch rather than try to modify Mark 1 -following Bryan Heidorn's comments, I've realised that my attempt Mark 1 wasn't going very far (the first three elements, Version ID, date and name all caused problems!).

I've tried in this to get to the basics of the structure of a description and work up from there. Before I go any further, can people look at this and tell me whether it looks promising or not. Obviously there's still much work to do.

Cheers - k

I've attached Word documents, a text and html copy of the main word document, and jpegs of the diagrams. Hope everyone can read at least some of these.

------=_NextPart_001_0038_01C013F1.76059FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#f8f8d0>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Gentle list'eners</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Attached find another attempt at formulating a
draft specification for discussion. I've reworked this from scratch rather than
try to modify Mark 1 -following Bryan Heidorn's comments, I've realised that my
attempt Mark 1 wasn't going very far (the first three elements, Version ID, date
and name all caused problems!).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've tried in this to get to the basics of the
structure of a description and work up from there.</FONT><FONT face=Arial
size=2> Before I go any further, can people look at this and tell me whether it
looks promising or not. Obviously there's still much work to do.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Cheers - k</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've attached Word documents, a text and html copy
of the main word document, and jpegs of the diagrams. Hope everyone can read at
least&nbsp;some of these.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>