Converting Nexus data to DELTA

Mike Dallwitz md at ENTO.CSIRO.AU
Fri Jul 28 12:11:25 CEST 2000

> From: "Susan B. Farmer" <sfarmer at GOLDSWORD.COM>
> To: TDWG - Structure of Descriptive Data <TDWG-SDD at USOBI.ORG>

> As a person who went from DELTA to PAUP and tried to come back again
> (after much massaging of the data), I'd add that the transferrance needs
> to go both ways -- after you port your data to PAUP/MacClade and massage
> it somewhat, it would be nice to (relatively) painlessly come back to
> DELTA with those changes rather than having to begin from scratch and then
> combine the two data sets.

The program Nex2del, supplied with our DELTA programs, converts a Nexus data
matrix to DELTA format. Information will usually be lost in converting DELTA
to Nexus, so it's usually better to edit the data in DELTA format and
re-export to Nexus as necessary.

--

Mike Dallwitz

CSIRO Entomology, GPO Box 1700, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Phone: +61 2 6246 4075   Fax: +61 2 6246 4000
Email: md at ento.csiro.au  Internet: biodiversity.uno.edu/delta/